7. Februar 2019
Blue Sky Uranium Reports Positive Metallurgical Testwork Results for its Ivana Uranium-Vanadium Deposit, Argentina
Vancouver, BC / CNW / February 7, 2019 / Blue Sky Uranium Corp. (TSX-V: BSK, FSE: MAL2; OTC: BKUCF), („Blue Sky“ or the „Company“) is pleased to announce a summary of the results of the Company’s recent mineralogical, metallurgical and process design testwork program for the Ivana uranium-vanadium deposit, Rio Negro Province, Argentina.
The Company’s process design flowsheet is based on simple and low-cost two-stage processing of mineralized material from the Ivana uranium-vanadium deposit.
„These results indicate that Ivana mineralization can be processed using proven, simple and relatively inexpensive methods to achieve superior recoveries for both uranium and vanadium, which will make a significant contribution towards a very positive economic outlook for the project.“ stated Nikolaos Cacos, Blue Sky President & CEO.
- Simple two-stage process of concentration/beneficiation followed by Alkaline Leaching using low environmental impact technology and reagents
- Stage 1 – approximately fourfold increase in the grades of uranium and vanadium, and recoveries of 89% for both elements from simple wet scrubbing and screening of raw mineralized material to produce a Leach Feed Concentrate with an approximately 77% mass reduction
- Stage 2 – recoveries of 95% for uranium and 60% for vanadium for Alkaline Leaching of Leach Feed Concentrate
- The optimized leaching process requires no added oxidants and no flotation
- Overall process recovery of 85% for uranium and 53% for vanadium
The Company has engaged independent consultants to complete a Preliminary Economic Assessment („PEA“) for the Ivana deposit, and an accompanying NI 43-101 Technical Report. The results of the study and the report are expected in the first quarter of the year. The metallurgical testwork results reported herein are an important part of the PEA study.
Metallurgical Program Overview:
Under the guidance of the Company’s Technical Advisor, Chuck Edwards, P.Eng., several representative composite samples of uranium-vanadium mineralized material from the Ivana deposit were prepared and submitted to The Saskatchewan Research Council (SRC) for mineralogical, metallurgical and process engineering test work. SRC is one of Canada’s leading providers of applied research, development & demonstration, and technology commercialization, including specific expertise in uranium. SRC is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company.
The representative composite used for the mineralogy, initial beneficiation and leach testing was selected from multiple reverse circulation (RC) drill holes located throughout the Ivana uranium-vanadium deposit and had the following parameters:
Please read the complete press release at the following link: LINK